To get a roundup of Biomedarticles’s greatest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3:00 p.m. PDT, subscribe here.
Hello and welcome to Daily Crunch on July 13th, 2021. Have you already fallen into the fake meat craze? Or are you still sitting on the sidelines with a turkey leg in one hand and a bacon sandwich in the other? The good news for primitive people like you and me is that more and more places are popping up fake meat. Like the wrong chicken from Beyond Meat at Panda Express.
Look, I love being a carnivore. But I don’t love the carbon footprint. Perhaps tech companies will embark on a more sustainable path for the rest of us. – Alex
The Biomedarticles top 3
- Apple gets into the external battery game: If you’re like me, your cell phone usually dies. If you own an iPhone, there is good news today in the form of Apple to announce a $ 99 battery that will deliver cordless juice to your phone. It clicks into place on the back of the phone. Honestly, it annoys me that I need this, but I do.
- There have never been so many great startups: Biomedarticles learned this from investors today. The US Venture class said the high prices don’t keep them on the sidelines and that you essentially have to pay to stay in the game. So, if you are a founder with a good growth history, congratulations on your salad days.
- For example, before going public, Zomato just raised more money: The Indian grocery delivery startup wants to be listed at the top of its range this week, with 45% of the $ 1.3 billion it plans to raise coming from its anchor investors. That’s a hot demand.
Startups / VC
The first part of today’s startup digest is a piece of our own Danny Crichton Announcement of the resolution of the Biomedarticles list. The original idea was simple: “A curated directory of venture capitalists to guide founders to the VCs most important to their startups.”
But after reading thousands of entries and building a huge database, the experiment got a bit stale. Commenting on events, Danny: “The venture capital industry has changed radically in the last year, and the central thesis we used in making the list is no longer correct.” Why? Because the venture capital world has become more competitive, faster and geographically flatter. Conditions and prices are therefore more important than specialist knowledge.
Take this fact as due. Well, our usual overview of funding events, from smallest to largest:
- AttackIQ raises $ 44 million to help organizations deal with security breaches: It does this in an interesting way by simulating attacks on its own. It’s a bit of a scrimmage match against yourself. The latest AttackIQ deal underscores how valuable cybersecurity startups have proven themselves over the past few months.
- Marco Financial raises $ 82 million to fund Latin America exporters: The Miami-based, trade-oriented startup raised $ 7 million in cash and $ 75 million in loans to help grow its business. Marco Financial uses an “engineered risk scoring platform” to determine creditworthiness and what is good. All to give more people in more places access to more capital.
- Amperity raises $ 100 million and becomes a unicorn: What is it doing The startup built a customer data platform to help large companies better understand who they are selling to. As our own Ingrid Lunden reports, the startup operates in a world where some traditional customer tracking methods – such as browser cookies – are disappearing from our shared reality.
- Sourcegraph raises $ 125 million for its code search tool: This is an interesting one. Now valued at $ 2.625 billion – three times more than December – Sourcegraph is on fire. Other reporting shows that the company could reach an annual maturity of about $ 10 million. That’s, ahem, a healthy multiple.
5 Advanced SEO Tactics to Win in 2021
The days of gaming search engines to increase traffic are long gone. Startups that want to get noticed need to invest in producing high quality content that accurately describes their products and services.
In addition to the basic best practices found in SEO blogs and newsletters, Mark Spera, Head of Growth Marketing at Minted, offers five “advanced” tactics to “increase your SEO throughput and get some of the remaining arbitrage in the organic area to use search. “
Strategy # 1? Start using content creation tools to automate tasks like creating search-friendly headings, titles, and blog outlines.
“We were able to cut our article writing process from four hours per article to around 90 minutes,” writes Spera. “Imagine what you could do with all that time!”
(Extra Crunch is our membership program that helps founders and startup teams move forward. Here you can sign up.)
Big Tech Inc.
Yes, today there was other big tech news besides Apple’s battery. Here’s what you need to know:
- Discord buys Sentropy: Discord is a big company today with lots of employees, lots of users, and a huge rating. And it just bought Sentropy, a startup Biomedarticles wrote that it “makes AI-powered software to detect and remove online harassment and hatred”. Given that some disgusting groups use Discord here and there, it makes sense to buy.
- Facebook wants to pay bug hunters more: A new Facebook program called Payout Time Bonus could increase the fees for bug hunters in the social networking world. The company pays out less per year than some other mega-corporations, but the gap could narrow thanks to the new efforts.
- ZoomInfo buys Chorus.ai for $ 575 million: Early in the morning it was announced that ZoomInfo, a publicly traded company, will drop more than half a billy on Chrous.ai, a company that provides conversational sales intelligence tools. It’s related to what Gong.io is building, although Gong remains independent and is worth about 13 times as much.
Biomedarticles Experts: Growth Marketing
We reach out to startup founders to let us know who to turn to for the latest growth marketing practices. Fill out the survey here.
Read one of the testimonials we received below!
Recommended by: Rhoda Ullmann, Sinn
Experience report: “We tried a number of different agencies that have world-class expertise with the paid Facebook and Google ad platforms. They also have a very smart and efficient approach to creative development that was critical to our scaling. “